[Qt-creator] Can I actually build master with Qt5?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Fri Feb 1 08:25:09 CET 2013

> Subject: [Qt-creator] Can I actually build master with Qt5?
>
> Friends.
>
> I was trying with todays git clone of Qt5 (Qt-5.0.1 release has the same error though) but build of QtCreator fails:
>
> Ran qmake as:
> /home/rkrause/src/cpp/qt5/qtbase/bin/qmake QT_PRIVATE_HEADERS= -o Makefile ../qt-creat
> or.git/qtcreator.pro
>

> Then:
> cd qmleditorwidgets/ && ( test -f Makefile || /home/rkrause/src/cpp/qt5/qtbase/bin/qmake /home/rkrause/src/cpp/qt-creator.git/src/libs/qmleditorwidgets/qmleditorwidgets.pro QT_PRIVATE_HEADERS= -o Makefile ) && make
 -f Makefile

> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: declarative

This means your Qt 5 wasn't compiled QtDeclarative (repository qtquick1), or that it wasn't properly installed.

Check that you've e.g. a $HOME/src/cpp/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/modules-inst/qt_lib_declarative.pri file. If not, try to rebuild libQtDeclarative by running 'make sub-qtquick1' in your qt directory.

> Do I need to run a script to convert Qt-4 to Qt-5?

No.

> PS: tried make -i which will build a version but that one fails to run with:
> Failed to load core: Could not find 'Core.pluginspec' in /home/rkrause/src/cpp/qt-creator.git.qt-5.0.release
>/lib/qtcreator/plugins,/home/rkrause/.local/share/data///QtProject/qtcreator/plugins/2.6.81

There are some compilation steps that automatically generate/copy the pluginspec files to the target directory. This fails e.g. if your source directory is tainted / contains an old build.

Regards

Kai