[Qt-creator] Debugging clang binaries with gcc

Paulo Silva paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:58:37 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm using QTC 2.5.2
Based on Qt 4.8.2 (64 bit)
Built on Aug 9 2012 at 04:27:54
>From revision f25dadf80e

The source was compiled with,
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11
QMAKE_CXX = c++11

If I try to set a breakpoint in qtc it wont stop.
Running it from the console I get the following output:

(gdb) b main
Die: DW_TAG_<unknown> (abbrev = 53, offset = 9518)
	has children: FALSE
	attributes:
		DW_AT_type (DW_FORM_ref4) constant ref: 9531 (adjusted)
Dwarf Error: Cannot find type of die [in module ...

:p