[Qt-creator] Unable to configure plain C++ project in Qt Creator without Qt installed

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Thu Feb 14 13:43:49 CET 2013

Hi Alfonso!

On 14.02.2013 01:38, Alfonso Chartier wrote:
> I tried uninstalling all versions
> of Qt on PC, however it now does not let me configure the project
> because it complains that a valid kit could not be found. The kit I have
> defined is perfectly valid except that "None" shows up for the Qt
> version, as expected.

Which kind of project are you trying to configure? This sounds like you
are going for one of the qmake-based projects. Those will not work
without a Qt version set since they require qmake which comes as a part
of Qt installation. Most project wizards will use qmake since it is
pretty simple to use and how many Qt apps are build.

"Non-Qt Project>* (CMake Build)" should work without Qt in a kit though.

> My question is: is there a way I can configure a kit such that it
> doesn't depend on Qt?

It is, provided you do not use qmake as a build system.

> I love Qt Creator and it's a fantastic IDE, I just think removing the Qt
> dependency would make it an IDE that is much easier to adopt for
> non-Qt-based development.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius