[Qt-creator] Unable to configure plain C++ project in Qt Creator without Qt installed

Alfonso Chartier alfonso.chartier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 02:20:03 CET 2013

Thanks Tobias, that makes sense. You are indeed right: I am using
qmake-based projects, which explains why Qt must be in the kit.

I'm trying to make it as painless/lightweight as possible for other
developers to start using Qt Creator for their non-Qt projects. By the
sounds of it, Qt Creator requires either qmake or cmake to be on the
developer's PC in order to work. I'm thinking at this point that I might
just have developers copy qmake.exe onto their PCs rather than having them
download a 400 MB+ Qt library download. Is this a solution you
recommend/others have adopted for similar use cases?

On a related topic, if I do go down the route of just distributing the
qmake.exe, will the 32-bit version that comes with Qt 5.0.1 work on a
64-bit Windows PC for the purposes of Qt Creator picking it up as a Qt
version in a kit? I'm hoping so, as it'll ease distribution and I also
don't see any pre-built versions of Qt for 64-bit Windows.

Thanks!

-Alfonso