[Qt-creator] Setting Font Color/Style for DOxygen text

Frédéric Marchal frederic.marchal at wowtechnology.com
Fri Feb 15 22:35:21 CET 2013

On Friday 15 February 2013 19:02:07 Michael Jackson wrote:
> My colors are set to green, light green and purple. The text is bright
> blue. Clearly not the same. Also if I use html style tags in the comments
> (like <b></b>) then they show up black. I am on a black background so this
> is also an issue.
>
> Maybe I am not opening the file correctly? The files have a .dox extension.
> Maybe QtCreator is opening those with a different editor type like Plain
> Text or Something? Same issues with XML documents.
>
>  again, this is with a Black background.

Unfortunately, I can't help much here.

Doxygen tags are highlighted as they should when they are in a C or C++ source
file but things are different in a *.dox file.

A doxygen tag is assigned a style that's not available in the color scheme
list.

On the other side, a doxygen comment follows the color scheme of a regular
comment and a regular C comment is not highlighted at all. It's as expected.

Kate is displaying everything correctly in a dox file. So I guess it is a
problem with the way the highlighting rules are mapped to the color scheme in
Qt Creator. I don't know how it works.

Frederic