[Qt-creator] 2.8.0 rc Indexing panel in the right lower edge?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Jul 8 09:34:28 CEST 2013

On 05.07.2013, at 13:35, Thomas Meyer <public at meyer-thomas.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have downloaded
> qt-creator-2.8.0-rc-src.zip
> from
> http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/qtcreator/2.8/2.8.0-rc/
>
> I have build the Qt Creator successfull:
> Qt Creator 2.7.84
> Based on Qt 5.1.0 (MSVC 2010, 32 bit)
>
> Built on Jul 5 2013 at 12:48:07
> MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
>

> My first question is:
> Is the number 2.7.84 correct?

Yes.

> If I start the Qt Creator, it will load the last session, the session
> with the 2.8.0 rc code.
> But it failed. I have first to load the default session in the Qt
> Creator 2.7.2 and then
> can start successfull the new version.

"But it failed." With what symptoms?

> It would be nice to have a "red
> button" for
> the default or an empty session.

Don't know what you mean with a "red button". For not loading the last session?
If your Qt Creator loads the last session, you turned that on in the settings, it's not on by default btw ;)
Anyhow, if Qt Creator cannot load the last session, you can start Qt Creator from the command line with either a session name (that includes "default" for the default session), or a project file (which will throw away the previous default session and create it new with that project open). Or maybe also just with some file name, don't know for sure if that prevents loading the last session.

> I saw it so often, that the Qt Creator
> 'hangs' during

I haven't heard yet of this, and can't find a bug report for it, so maybe create one, preferably with a backtrace for the case where it hangs?

> The next what I noticed is, that the indexing, session, build and
> parsing panel is in the lower
> right corner. Is this correct?

Yes.