[Qt-creator] 2.8.0 rc Indexing panel in the right lower edge?

Thomas Meyer public at meyer-thomas.com
Mon Jul 8 12:14:18 CEST 2013

Am 08.07.2013 09:34, schrieb Ziller Eike:
> On 05.07.2013, at 13:35, Thomas Meyer <public at meyer-thomas.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have downloaded
>> qt-creator-2.8.0-rc-src.zip
>> from
>> http://download.qt-project.org/development_releases/qtcreator/2.8/2.8.0-rc/
>>
>> I have build the Qt Creator successfull:
>> Qt Creator 2.7.84
>> Based on Qt 5.1.0 (MSVC 2010, 32 bit)
>>
>> Built on Jul 5 2013 at 12:48:07
>> MS Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
>>

>> My first question is:
>> Is the number 2.7.84 correct?
> Yes.
>
>> If I start the Qt Creator, it will load the last session, the session
>> with the 2.8.0 rc code.
>> But it failed. I have first to load the default session in the Qt
>> Creator 2.7.2 and then
>> can start successfull the new version.
> "But it failed." With what symptoms?
The mouse process circle is rotating and the session bar is not moving
(over minutes). If
I then click into the Qt Creator, I get the message in the title bar "no
response".
I can do nothing, only to 'close' the Qt Creator or close with the MS
Windows Task-Manager.
>> It would be nice to have a "red
>> button" for
>> the default or an empty session.
> Don't know what you mean with a "red button". For not loading the last session?
> If your Qt Creator loads the last session, you turned that on in the settings, it's not on by default btw ;)
> Anyhow, if Qt Creator cannot load the last session, you can start Qt Creator from the command line with either a session name (that includes "default" for the default session), or a project file (which will throw away the previous default session and create it new with that project open). Or maybe also just with some file name, don't know for sure if that prevents loading the last session.
I had a emergency stop button (red button) image in my thoughts and
which will stop loading the last session
and load the default session. :-)
Example:
I create with Qt Creator 2.7.2  a new session and load the 2.8.0 rc
source code in it.
Then build the Qt Creator 2.8.0 rc and let the Qt Creator 2.7.2 program
running (or open).
I switch to the /bin folder of the new Qt Creator 2.8.0 rc and start
this program.
The program loads the current session from the settings Qt Creator
2.7.2, the Qt Creator 2.8.0 rc source code.
And this loading will never end. That is what I mean, it 'hangs'.
(It starts never with an empty session or default session.)
The new Qt Creator gets the last session from
/AppData/Roaming/QtProject/QtCreator.ini, the same for
the Qt Creator 2.7.2.
[ProjectExplorer]
StartupSession=Qt Creator 2.8.0 rc          (my session name)

I had have this behavior for other Qt Creator versions, too.

I know, that I can change the path for the new QtCreator.ini in the
'app_version.h.in' before I compile.

>> I saw it so often, that the Qt Creator
>> 'hangs' during
> I haven't heard yet of this, and can't find a bug report for it, so maybe create one, preferably with a backtrace for the case where it hangs?

Thanks,
Thomas