[Qt-creator] Very aggressive Qt-Creator indexing with the latest 2.8 beta

BOUCARD Olivier boucard_olivier at yahoo.fr
Fri Jul 19 16:40:21 CEST 2013

Hi Nikolai,

I think there is no specific place to put it to see the result.
First it was in my main.cpp, QtCreator was indexing main.cpp a lot.
Then I moved it to myclass.cpp, main.cpp was not indexed anymore but myclass.cpp is indexing a lot now.

I'm just trying out the new QML Controls with a very basic desktop application.
Here some code I had in my main.cpp which cause the problem:

UiDelegate uiDelegate;

QQmlApplicationEngine engine;

// If you comment this line, QtCreator stops indexing
engine.rootContext()->setContextProperty("uiDelegate", &uiDelegate);

engine.load(QUrl("qrc:/ui/qml/Main.qml"));

QObject *topLevel = engine.rootObjects().value(0);

QQuickWindow *window = qobject_cast<QQuickWindow *>(topLevel);

if(window == NULL)
{
  qWarning("Error: Your root item has to be a Window.");
  return -1;
}

window->show();

Olivier.