[Qt-creator] Planning Qt Creator 2.8 + 0.1

Paulo Silva paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 10:48:41 CEST 2013

> Using c++11 / libc++ in Qt Creator would mean that we need to drop
support for *compiling* Qt Creator on Mac OS X 10.6 (afair clang isn't
easily available on 10.6 anyhow)

I have clang 3.3, llvm 3.3, and gcc48 installed on my system (osx 10.6).
What you mean by "not easy" is the fact that you'll be likely to use
macports or some other pkg manager?

But then again, I would imagine that someone is willing to compile qtc from
source installing a toolchain is not such a big deal.
That being said I don't know how easy/hard it is to get that thing
compiling qtc.

Although it might sound like I'm defending osx 10.6 (yay XD) I only
compiled qtc once - when I though I would have time to actually add some UI
changes that I would like to see in it.
Appart from that, I download the binary every time I update - and that's
next to never.

I hate to try to fix something that is not broken, which means that qtc
already offers I need.
My only reason to update would be to get debug working with c++11 on osx.
Should I add "llvm-db" or that just a detail. XD

Best,
Paulo