[Qt-creator] Share external tools setting among team members

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Mar 28 11:35:19 CET 2013

On Thursday 28 March 2013 06:59:07 Ziller Eike wrote:

[cut]

> Just from my own experience here, most settings are too varied and indiviual
> to share (often the sharing of the *existence* of the setting is what's
> most needed ;) ). I see sense for a collaborative environment to share
> snippets, external tools, coding styles and documentation though, not so
> much for the rest.

I agree.

<obscenity>Cloud</obscenity>: something like the file-based clipboard sharing
functionality, where the user can choose in a general config section where in
a centralized location she wants to save her "share-able" configurations, and
all the files you mentioned in [cut] would get copied there on modification.

This way the same user or her colleagues can selectively (and voluntarily)
import parts or whole configurations to different installlations in a more
automatic way.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org