[Qt-creator] Autocompletion in QML

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Mon Nov 18 21:34:29 CET 2013

Hi, I cannot say that I am very happy with the autocompletion in QML.

Just happend: I type 'ma' and ctrl-space for an autocompletion and this
stupid thing completes it with 'MouseArea'. This is no help at all
and very annoying since I now have to remove 8 letters instead of
getting what I want faster. One of the cases where the autocompletion makes
more work than it saves.

Is there really no way to prevent the autocompletion to change letters, which
are already there? And if now, could we get such a feature? When I type 'ma'
I am really 100% positively sure that I don't want to type anything, which starts
with 'mo'.

Guido