[Qt-creator] [BareMetalPlugin] Can't create a non-Qt project. No valid Kits found.

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Fri Nov 22 11:33:33 CET 2013

Hi Denis
> > Oh you poor soul, who forces you to use this strange operating system?
>
> I have no more other choice from the MS products. ;)
I have made the experience that qtcreator runs much smother on
a Linux system compared to Windows. Especially with qmake and make
i had a tenfold(!) difference in build speed.

> > Be sure not to use -g3 (only -g) as this is a known bug with this
>
> toolchain.
>
> Clear. Many thanks.
>
> As for other questions: if I correctly understood, it is desirable for me
> to use the QBS.
> So, I will try to compile the latest QtCreator from git and the latest QBS
> from git and
> to check the BareMetal plug-in on real HW board...
>
> May you tell please, whether there are any features of creation of the
> minimum QBS
> project's template to relation to the BareMetal plug-in? Perhaps, you can
> provide the
> minimum template of the project for it, as example?
Below is a qbs template which should get you going in no time.
The compiler switch match to to the stm32f4-discovery.
Be sure to check that the dissassembly does not contain
wfi as the cpu powers of the jtag chain with this command
and you will only see garbage while debugging.

Best regards
Tim

import qbs 1.0

Product {
    type: "application"
    Depends { name:"cpp" }
    cpp.positionIndependentCode: false
    cpp.debugInformation: true
    cpp.commonCompilerFlags: ["-mthumb","-mcpu=cortex-m4","-mfloat-abi=hard","-mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16",
							"-fdata-sections","-ffunction-sections","-fno-inline","-nostdlib"]
    cpp.linkerFlags:[
		"-mthumb","-mcpu=cortex-m4","-mfloat-abi=hard","-mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16",
		 "-Wl,--gc-sections","-T",path+"/linker_skript_for_my_board.ld"]
    cpp.includePaths: ["put your relative include paths here"]
    files: [
        "put your files for build here"
    ]
    Properties {