[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.0.0 workflow for Android, iOS comment and question

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Nov 25 09:49:41 CET 2013

On Nov 22, 2013, at 4:56 PM, VStevenP <vstevenpavao at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The new workflow for targeting Android and iOS in the forthcoming Qt Creator 3.0.0/ Qt 5.2 is so easy and useful.  Thanks to those who have done the work to make it so easy to begin to build/deploy/run for Android and iOS from Qt Creator 3.0.0 Beta/pre-rc1 releases.  I have had no major issues with my QtQuick2 apps targeting AndroidSim and a Nexus 7 tablet since the Beta release occurred.
>
> As of the recent pre-rc1 snapshots, I am now also able to run my QtQuick apps in the iOS simulator and on iPhone.  Cool.
>
> Question: Is there a way to configure QtCreator such that the iOS simulator will launch my app in iPad mode?  Now it always comes up in iPhone mode.  When I try to switch it over to iPad mode when already simulating, I get the message "Terminating in response to SpringBoard's termination."  If I relaunch my app, it starts a new iPhone simulator session.

Looks like code for handling that is there (e.g. the iossim tool has —family, iOS plugin’s IosToolHandler has DeviceType:: IosSimulatedIpadRetinaType etc), but the one that is used is currently hardcoded to  IosSimulatedIphoneRetina4InchType in iosrunner.cpp:107 .

> Maybe this is an enhancement request I should file?

Yes, please.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt