[Qt-creator] Qt4ProjectManager plugin renamed to QmakeProjectManager

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 31 12:15:29 CET 2013

On 31 October 2013 07:12, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> which branch are you using and did you use qmake or Qbs to build it?
>
> Did you do a clean rebuild?

Hi Tobias,

As I specified in my previous post, I built the 3.0 branch.
Specifically, I did: git checkout -b 3.0 origin/3.0

Then, as André's recommended in the other thread [1], I basically did

git clean -dxf ; qmake ; make

[1] http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2013-October/002844.html

But, I did the out of source (shadow) build:

$ pwd
/home/mloskot/dev/qt/_git/qt-creator
$ git checkout -b 3.0 origin/3.0
$ mkdir _build && cd _build
$ /home/mloskot/dev/qt/_git/qt5/qtbase/bin/qmake -r
/home/mloskot/dev/qt/_git/qt-creator

To summary, I did:
- use Linux 64-bit
- build Qt 5.2 from its branch stable specifying -developer-build option
- use branch 3.0
- use qmake
- make clean build, as git clean -dxf cleans everything up
- not run make install, as the docs [2] make it clear it's not
required for the development use case.

[2] http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/getting-and-building.html

I hope it helps.

Best regards,