[Qt-creator] Qt4ProjectManager plugin renamed to QmakeProjectManager

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 31 13:13:16 CET 2013

On 31 October 2013 00:24, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 29 October 2013 17:11, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz at digia.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is just a heads-up for people building from source:
>>
>> The Qt4ProjectManager plugin just has been renamed to
>> QmakeProjectManager.
>>
>> The old name has been "wrong" for quite a while, as the
>> plugin handles both Qt 4 and Qt 5 and in the light of the
>> upcoming promise of interface stability it seemed better
>> to get the naming right for the Creator 3.0 release.
>>
>> The change should be mostly invisible to most users
>> (of course, About->Plugins looks slightly different), but
>> if you build directly from source you'll need to remove
>> lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/Q4ProjectManager.pluginspec
>> and libQmakeProjectManager.so (or your platform's
>> equivalent to that) manually.
>>
>> A clean rebuild would do the trick, too.
>
> I've just done clean rebuild of the current branch 3.0.
>
> The "Open Project" dialog allows to select only three project types:
> Autotools, CMake and Generic.
> Neither qmake .pro projects nor the new .qbs are listed in the file types.
>
> In the About -> Plugins, I see the managers for Autotools, CMake, Generic,
> then I see QmakeProjectManager which is greyed and QtSupport plugin
> (non-greyed).
> The Qbs plugin is not listed either.

I think I've found solution for this problem, at least for the missing
"Qt Project file (.pro)" support.

I noticed, that if I wipe out old settings directory in my $HOME:

$ rm -r $HOME/.config/QtProject

and re-launch Qt Creator, then I get all the Build Systems plugins
listed in About -> Plugins properly enabled.

I still don't get the QBS plugin built when I build Qt Creator, so it
is not listed
in the About -> Plugins, but at least I can work with the .pro files.

I noticed, there is a condiiton in the qt-creator/src/plugins/plugins.pro file:

isEmpty(QBS_INSTALL_DIR): QBS_INSTALL_DIR = $$(QBS_INSTALL_DIR)
exists(../shared/qbs/qbs.pro)|!isEmpty(QBS_INSTALL_DIR): \
    SUBDIRS += \
        qbsprojectmanager

and indeed, I don't have ../shared/qbs/qbs.pro file (the folder is empty)

Do I need to perform any special steps to enable QBS?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net