[Qt-creator] Kit and device concept in QtCreator

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 19:02:53 CEST 2013

On Sep 5, 2013 6:04 PM, "David Kaspar" <dkaspar at blackberry.com> wrote:
> The generic 'Context' object would allow varying number of columns i.e.
> it would allow tree-like structure of contexts. We can have e.g.:
> a) QNXProject/Target/Debug/Device
> b) QNXProject/Target/Release/Device/Perimeter/...
> b) QNXProject/Target/Test

I do not understand where you are going here. What kind of context are you
talking about here?

> The question is whether you see any real use-case for having it generic
> or whether you would prefer to have the API bound specifically to
> Target. For QnxPlugin purpose, it is just enough to be able to add
> 'Devices' column for a target with BlackBerry-specific kit assigned - so
> we do not explicitly need it generic.

Add a column to what exactly?

If this is just about finding out whether a device it's compatible with a
kit in a generic fashion then having something along the lines of

bool isCompatible(const Kit *k) const;

on the device is probably enough, isn't it?

Best Regards,
Tobias