[Qt-creator] I’ve translated QT Creator in Italian

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Sep 10 08:53:15 CEST 2013

> Hi, I’ve translated in Italian the message file qt_XX.qm and I want donate it
> and to allow the its inclusion inside the official version.
>
> I’m using QT Creator 2.4.1 revision 8cd370e163
>

> Please contact me, I feel bad to have this translation only for my personal use
> or for GoldenDict users (I’m the official Italian translator for GoldenDict sw
> dictionnary).

Hi Daniele,

It's great that you want to contribute to Qt!

> Please some developer can contact me so I can give him?

Even if translations aren't 'code' we still need you to go through code review to accept any patches to the Qt source base. Actually there's a dedicated page for translating Qt:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Localization

> Abut translation, I have to highlight that I started from an existing translation
> (made for KDE) and I’ve completed:
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-
> kde4/it/messages/qt/kdeqt.po?view=markup
> <http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-
> kde4/it/messages/qt/kdeqt.po?view=markup>

That might be a problem. We basically need all copyright owners to sign the CLA.

Regards

Kai