[Qt-creator] Refreshing the project tree

achartier at fastmail.fm achartier at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 13 04:56:57 CEST 2013

Hello,

My team and I find it very convenient to use wildcards in defining
HEADERS and SOURCES:

HEADERS += $$files(*.h)
SOURCES += $$files(*.cpp)

Unfortunately, when we add a new header or source file, the Qt Creator
project tree needs to be manually refreshed to show the new file(s). I
usually do this by going to the .pro file, adding a space, deleting a
space and saving the file.

Is there a better/more "official" way of refreshing the project tree? I
looked through the Qt Creator menus and couldn't find anything. A way to
trigger a project tree refresh through a keyboard shortcut would be even
better.

Thanks!

Alfonso