[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

Oleksii Serdiuk contacts at oleksii.name
Mon Sep 16 14:22:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

Now that the change was approved, there is one more concern left to make
CMake plugin more usable. I described it in details in this message (see
second point):
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2013-July/002374.html

Note, that this issue happens only if you have targets that produce
binaries but they're excluded from build (by using EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL, for
example, and only having `make all` in build steps).

There is a review request which suggest one of the possible solutions to
this issue:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,60674

However, Christian Kandeler didn't like this approach.

One more approach that I can think of (and willing to implement) is
adding "Ignore file deployment errors" checkbox into deployment step
"Upload files via SFTP" and, maybe, others. When checked, deployment
process will still report deployment errors to the log, but will not
fail, thus allowing to debug/run the project even if some files are
missing or couldn't be deployed.

Of course, we can always ignore build targets provided by CMake plugin
and require to list all binaries in the QtCreatorDeployment.txt file.

Any comments or suggestions?

--
With best regards,
Olekii Serdiuk