[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Mon Sep 16 15:01:58 CEST 2013

On 09/16/2013 02:22 PM, Oleksii Serdiuk wrote:
> Now that the change was approved, there is one more concern left to make
> CMake plugin more usable. I described it in details in this message (see
> second point):
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2013-July/002374.html
>
> Note, that this issue happens only if you have targets that produce
> binaries but they're excluded from build (by using EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL, for
> example, and only having `make all` in build steps).
>
> There is a review request which suggest one of the possible solutions to
> this issue:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,60674
>
> However, Christian Kandeler didn't like this approach.

If we find nothing better, we'll have to go with that one, as it
apparently solves a problem, even if I find the solution ugly.

> One more approach that I can think of (and willing to implement) is
> adding "Ignore file deployment errors" checkbox into deployment step
> "Upload files via SFTP" and, maybe, others.

Drawbacks compared to the existing patch:
     - No per-file granularity, i.e. the deploy step will not raise an
error even if a file could not be deployed that you actually need on the
device.
     - The check box would need to be present in every deploy step that
is supposed to support this feature.
I still like it better, though, as it it less intrusive.

> Of course, we can always ignore build targets provided by CMake plugin
> and require to list all binaries in the QtCreatorDeployment.txt

Does this mean that people would need to manually add their application
into the text file? That would probably be annoying.

Christian