[Qt-creator] Disable subfolders in project tree?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Apr 10 14:01:01 CEST 2014

On Apr 10, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Juan Navarro <oneorjuan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, in the project tree view, I'd like to disable the creation of one subfolder or "sub-project" for each one of the .pri files included in a given .pro, or at least to selectively disable them. Is it possible at all?
>
> Use case is the following: I have a project with several sub-projects. Each one of these includes a common compiler.pri, version.pri and libs.pri files, containing just a couple of lines for common compiler flags, version information and common link libraries, respectively.
> With this setup, each and every one of the sub-projects show 3 additional and repeated subfolders, cluttering an already complex project tree.
>
> I can imagine a #pragma sentence would easily be useful for disabling this behaviour, but maybe there is already some mechanism for achieving that. So any tips?

Atm you can just click on the filter icon in the tool bar on top of the project tree, and select “simplify tree”. That makes the project tree show relatively flat (it hides all subnodes between the project node and the “leaf” nodes, and the .pri file nodes).

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt