[Qt-creator] Disable subfolders in project tree?

Juan Navarro oneorjuan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:21:53 CEST 2014

Hi, in the project tree view, I'd like to disable the creation of one
subfolder or "sub-project" for each one of the .pri files included in a
given .pro, or at least to selectively disable them. Is it possible at all?

Use case is the following: I have a project with several sub-projects. Each
one of these includes a common compiler.pri, version.pri and libs.pri
files, containing just a couple of lines for common compiler flags, version
information and common link libraries, respectively.
With this setup, each and every one of the sub-projects show 3 additional
and repeated subfolders, cluttering an already complex project tree.

I can imagine a #pragma sentence would easily be useful for disabling this
behaviour, but maybe there is already some mechanism for achieving that. So
any tips?

Regards,
Juan