[Qt-creator] Mouse cursor disappearing

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sun Apr 27 23:00:56 CEST 2014

On 27/04/2014 19:41, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> On 27/04/2014 09:56, André Pönitz wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 09:31:59AM +0200, Harri Pasanen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm using Qt Creator 3.1 on Kubuntu 14.04 amd64, NVidia graphics.
>>>
>>> Occasionally when moving the mouse cursor in from outside the qtcreator
>>> window, it disappears as soon as it arrives over the edit window.
>>> This
>>> is somewhat annoying, as one typically needs it to position the text
>>> cursor.
>>>
>>> It seems that the mouse cursor is hidden as soon as one starts typing,
>>> but this flag does not always reset when moving the cursor of the Qt
>>> Creator window.
>>>
>>> Might this be a known issue?
>> Is that Qt Creator build with Qt 4 or with Qt 5?
>
> Qt 5.2.1, pre-built x86_64 binary from
> https://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qtcreator/3.1.0/latest/

Hmm... this might be bogus, as my upgrade to Kubuntu 14.04 is quite
recent.  It may be that the culprit is NVidia XOrg driver or some such
issue, as it seems other apps besides Qt Creator are also acting funny.

Almost as if the USB stack would go garbage collecting, affecting both
keyboard and mouse with occasional pauses...

So for the time being I'd chalk it up to system specific anomaly. I have
an another machine on which I need to cross check.

So unless other reports come in, I'd leave off the investigations for
now until I have something more concrete.

Harri