[Qt-creator] [Interest] qt giving the ld error

Nilesh Kokane nilesh.kokane at mindastoneridge.com
Fri Aug 8 16:17:49 CEST 2014

Hi Ch'Gans,

What's this ":/"  ???
It was the typo in mail, sorry for that.

I just set up the environment variables once again and tried to cross
compile the examples clock program, it popped up with the following error

19:26:12: Running steps for project clocks...

19:26:12: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.

19:26:12: Could not start process "make"

Error while building/deploying project clocks (kit: wandboard)

When executing step 'Make'

19:26:12: Elapsed time: 00:00.

It is *impossible*, the "ld error" comes from the fact that you  didn't
specify the whole path to your toolchain, please  provide more details,
screenshots, textual description, etc...

My final setting is as below.

1.General http://picpaste.com/DSC_0001-SMCW1rfY.jpg
2. Kits http://picpaste.com/DSC_0002-dlAvyLll.jpg
3. Qt version http://picpaste.com/DSC_0003-Xyx1NqRU.jpg
4. compiler http://picpaste.com/DSC_0004-Ws5yFZTs.jpg
5. Debuggers http://picpaste.com/DSC_0005-QnHEQieg.jpg
6. CMake http://picpaste.com/DSC_0006-1ZxJpAzf.jpg

Compiler settings:
Name :wandboard
compiler path
:/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-cpp

Qtversion settings:

qmake location:

/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake

Kits settings:

Name :wandboard

Device Type:Generic Linux Device

Device :solo-wandboard