[Qt-creator] Code Analysis for Refactorings in QtCreator

Pascal Kesseli pkesseli at outlook.com
Mon Aug 25 16:47:15 CEST 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is Pascal Kesseli and I am a DPhil student at Oxford University. I
am currently writing a literature survey about automated refactorings, in
which I compare various algorithms against each other.

I am also trying to give a short description as to which of these algorithms
have already made it into commercial products. Is there any group, person or
piece of documentation that I could consult as to which smell detection and
refactoring application algorithms are used in QtCreator?

The algorithm categories are the following:
- (AST) Pattern Matching
- Slicing (Forward/Backward)
- Metadata (comments, annotations, method/class names)
- Software Metrics
- (Meta-)heuristics
- Contracts/Invariants
- Clustering
- Model Checking (state space exploration)
- Abstract Interpretation (e.g. symbolic execution)

Thank you for any information you can provide me on this subject.

Best regards,
Pascal Kesseli