[Qt-creator] QtCreator crashes when trying to debug STM32 bare metal device

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 22:06:33 CEST 2014

Yes. I started a long thread about this a while ago. This message has
everything I learnt:

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2014-June/003748.html

and

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2014-June/003749.html

The important bit is:

>* 6. You must enable "Use asynchronous mode to control the inferior" or
*>* QtCreator will crash when you pause execution or set breakpoints while it's
*>* running.*

Though I guess the rest of the instructions may help you - e.g. I *did*
manage to use the makefile in the QtC repo to build gdb (with the minor
modifications listed in that message).

It doesn't work flawlessly but I was able to do some basic breakpoint/step
debugging.

Cheers,

Tim