[Qt-creator] Qt Creator memory consumption on iOS

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Dec 1 16:18:07 CET 2014

The particular snapshot of Qt Creator I'm using on iOS seems to leak
memory in an important fashion, rather quickly running through the 8Gb
of memory available.

When I open it, top shows around MEM: 110M in top.

But when I open my main project, (the same that causes Qt Quick 1 code
model warnings in Linux), the memory usage jumps to over 1Gb. It then
starts munching away at the RAM, about 10-20Mb / second while sitting
idle, typically growing to tens of gigabytes before a dialog comes up
that memory is low...  So I need to restart it every ten minutes or so.

Note that the QML code model issue does not come up, but somehow I
suspect that that the problems are related.   Perhaps the QML parser has
gone into some recursive loop... or something.

The Mac Qt Creator is:

Qt Creator 3.2.82 (3.3.0-rc1-opensource) Based on Qt 5.4.0 (Clang 6.0
(Apple), 64 bit) Built on Nov 17 2014 at 04:10:25 From revision 4d3d8bb730

There should not

Harri