[Qt-creator] Qt code models

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Dec 2 11:27:04 CET 2014

On 02/12/2014 09:16, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> On 02/12/2014 08:26, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
>>
>>> On 01 Dec 2014, at 19:49, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com
>>> <mailto:harri at mpaja.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I installed todays version
>>>
>>> Qt Creator 3.2.82 (3.3.0-rc1-opensource)
>>>
>>> Based on Qt 5.4.0 (GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit)
>>> Built on Dec 1 2014 at 04:12:38
>>>
>>> From revision b1dab65340
>>>

>>> Both on OSX and Linux.
>>>
>>> On Linux I still see M324 warning.   On OSX I do not see it.
>>> My project is the same version on both, so something in the Kits
>>> causes this.
>>
>> This looks like a serious issue, there were some regression mainly
>> due to the fact that in 3.3
>> 1) we are more strict about avoiding extra import paths as
>> preparation for more global info
>> 2) project explorer is asynchronous, so we get notifications about
>> project contents in a different way
>>
>> It would be really good if we can find what is causing the issue, if
>> you hover on the imports do the import paths look correct? Are the
>> one working found in the place you expect? and the missing ones do
>> have the correct data and qmltypes file on the filesystem at the
>> paths that are searched?
>> Having a way to reproduce would be great to stomp it out.
>>

> The paths on import hover look inconsistent, some give no path info at
> all.
> For instance on OSX with these:
>
> import QtQuick 2.3
> import QtQuick.Controls 1.2
> import QtQuick.Window 2.2
> import QtSensors 5.0
>
> The 4 lines hover is:
> 1. QtQuick
> 2. Library at /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml/QtQuick/Controls
>     Read typeinfo successfully.
> 3. QtQuick/Window
> 4. QML module not found
>     Import paths:
>     /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml
>     /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml/imports
>
> On linux with the desktop Kit I currently have a full path for QtQuick
> and QtQuick.Window and I don't have the M324 there, only on Android kit.
> But I also see that the yesterdays QC snapshot did not autodetect Qt
> 5.4.0 stock kits, only my manually installed kits show up.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Harri

One more data point:

Since the previous mails I haven't touched kits, but I've been opening
and closing projects and in some case switched between Android/Desktop kit.

At some point the path to from "import QtQuick" hover has disappeared
for Desktop kit as well, and M324 reappeared there.

On OSX I got the same, the path disappeared.  I do not get M324 but M16
for Label's "anchor" and "text" properties.   Restarting QC fixed this,
and the hover path is complete again.

Harri