[Qt-creator] Qt code models

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Dec 2 09:16:03 CET 2014

On 02/12/2014 08:26, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:

>> On 01 Dec 2014, at 19:49, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com
>> <mailto:harri at mpaja.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I installed todays version
>>
>> Qt Creator 3.2.82 (3.3.0-rc1-opensource)
>>
>> Based on Qt 5.4.0 (GCC 4.6.1, 64 bit)
>> Built on Dec 1 2014 at 04:12:38
>>
>> From revision b1dab65340
>>

>> Both on OSX and Linux.
>>
>> On Linux I still see M324 warning.   On OSX I do not see it.
>> My project is the same version on both, so something in the Kits
>> causes this.
>
> This looks like a serious issue, there were some regression mainly due
> to the fact that in 3.3
> 1) we are more strict about avoiding extra import paths as preparation
> for more global info
> 2) project explorer is asynchronous, so we get notifications about
> project contents in a different way
>
> It would be really good if we can find what is causing the issue, if
> you hover on the imports do the import paths look correct? Are the one
> working found in the place you expect? and the missing ones do have
> the correct data and qmltypes file on the filesystem at the paths that
> are searched?
> Having a way to reproduce would be great to stomp it out.

The paths on import hover look inconsistent, some give no path info at all.
For instance on OSX with these:

import QtQuick 2.3
import QtQuick.Controls 1.2
import QtQuick.Window 2.2
import QtSensors 5.0

The 4 lines hover is:
1. QtQuick
2. Library at /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml/QtQuick/Controls
     Read typeinfo successfully.
3. QtQuick/Window
4. QML module not found
     Import paths:
     /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml
     /Users/harri/Qt5.4.0/5.4/ios/qml/imports

On linux with the desktop Kit I currently have a full path for QtQuick
and QtQuick.Window and I don't have the M324 there, only on Android kit.
But I also see that the yesterdays QC snapshot did not autodetect Qt
5.4.0 stock kits, only my manually installed kits show up.

Hope this helps,

Harri