[Qt-creator] Not scroll editor when stepping in debugger

andre apoenitz at t-online.de
Mon Feb 24 21:16:55 CET 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:11:02AM -0800, Jason H wrote:
> I've used both debuggers. It never occurred to me the difference of
> behavior.  But now that I notice, I think the OP is right, it definitely
> is preferred when going through loops that fit on screen.
>
> I see virtues of both approaches. But when equipped with a scroll wheel
> or area on a track-pad the additional view management from
> ensureVisible() is not a bother. I support the adding of an option, which
> I would probably use.

I had a look at VS today, and it looked like until the last visible line
(even if there are already a few pixels missing) which time you don't see
_any_ of the upcoming context, and then centers the view on the next step.

A compromise might be along the lines of offering Eclipse 8-lines-or-so
margin as option. But even that requires someone to put a patch on
codereview.qt-project.org.

Andre'