[Qt-creator] Installing from a qtcreator .run file

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Jan 20 20:12:42 CET 2014

> Okay. I did what you stated below, but alas, there are no examples listed.  I do see the new Examples button,
> clicking on it shows the Examples page, but nothing is on it.  How do I get qtcreator to see the Examples folder.

There should be a dropdown box on the Examples page to select the Qt version you'd like to load the examples from. Please make sure that you've selected the Qt version that came with the installer (not e.g. a self-built one).

If that didn't help, you might try to set the environment variable QTC_DEBUG_EXAMPLESMODEL to a value, and start Qt Creator in this environment, e.g. by

$ QTC_DEBUG_EXAMPLESMODEL=1 Qt5.2.0/Tools/QtCreator/bin/qtcreator

This should print exactly what Qt Creator tries to load when you're selecting the Examples page on the
Welcome screen.

Regards

Kai