[Qt-creator] Installing from a qtcreator .run file

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Tue Jan 21 07:38:36 CET 2014

I have also heard that some Linux distributions (I do not know which) provide Qt examples in a separate package, which you need to install separately. Please check that

1) You have a Qt registered in Qt Creator
2) You have that selected in the combo box on the examples page
3) Your Qt actually *provides* examples (and documentation).
   For self-built that also means running "make docs", for Linux distribution provided
   Qt that might mean installing an extra qt-examples/doc package. The combined Qt5 installers
   from download.qt-project.org provide them by default.

--
Eike Ziller
Senior Software Engineer

Digia Germany GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B,
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius