[Qt-creator] Remote GDB debugging.

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Wed Jun 18 08:55:49 CEST 2014

Hi Tim
Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2014, 16:52:24 schrieb Tim Hutt:
> Ohhhhh my gaaahd! Finally worked it out! :-)
> My fix is just to change the type to this:
> 	type: ["application", "hex", "size"]
Well sounds plausible. Gdb uses an ELF file for debugging. Without that there's
no file and nothing to run...

> I haven't quite got the debugging to work yet - breakpoints are still
> set with break-insert rather than setbp, but at least it connects to
> the GDB server properly now, and monitor load, halt, go, and reset all
> work properly!
Well thats not your problem. I think that the segger debugger does not
properly support the load statement? So the code running is not the code you
see and so no breakpoint gets hit.

> mon setbp 0x00014626
Well, thats not the gdb way setting breakpoints and i know that the segger
also supports break-insert.

Best regards
Tim