[Qt-creator] Remote GDB debugging.

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:30:26 CEST 2014

Yes, that worked! Only remaining flaw is that you get the previous dialog I
posted (about SIGTRAP) every time you pause the execution. I can live with
that though.

The crash is clearly still a bug in Qt Creator which would be nice to fix.
Brief interlude though:

This site is amazing!! Why can't Gitorious do this:
http://code.woboq.org/qt5/qt-creator/

Anyway, here's where the problem is:

In gdbengine.cpp:

void GdbEngine::interruptInferior()
{
    QTC_ASSERT(state() == InferiorStopRequested,
        qDebug() << "INTERRUPT INFERIOR: " << state(); return);

    if (usesExecInterrupt()) {
        postCommand("-exec-interrupt", Immediate);
    } else {
        showStatusMessage(tr("Stop requested..."), 5000);
        showMessage(_("TRYING TO INTERRUPT INFERIOR"));
        if (HostOsInfo::isWindowsHost() && !m_isQnxGdb) {
            QTC_ASSERT(state() == InferiorStopRequested, qDebug() <<
state(); notifyInferiorStopFailed());
            QTC_ASSERT(!m_signalOperation, notifyInferiorStopFailed());
            m_signalOperation = startParameters().device->signalOperation();

This line goes to baremetaldevice.cpp:

DeviceProcessSignalOperation::Ptr BareMetalDevice::signalOperation() const
{
    return ProjectExplorer::DeviceProcessSignalOperation::Ptr();
}

Which basically returns NULL.