[Qt-creator] Refactoring the CMake plugin

Miller Henry MillerHenry at JohnDeere.com
Thu Jun 19 00:03:28 CEST 2014

Add_custom_target is how cmake documentation says to do this.

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.11/cmake.html#command:add_custom_target

The SOURCES option specifies additional source files to be included in the custom target. Specified source files will be added to IDE project files for convenience in editing even if they have not build rules.

-----Original Message-----
From: qt-creator-bounces+millerhenry=johndeere.com at qt-project.org [mailto:qt-creator-bounces+millerhenry=johndeere.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Lorenz Haas
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:27 AM
To: qt-creator at qt-project.org
Subject: Re: [Qt-creator] Refactoring the CMake plugin

Hi Benjamin,

I can't say anything to your questions :( but I have a small side note/request (as well as to everyone working on the CMake plugin) :)

If you rework the CMake plugin could add an option that the header and source files - as well as ui and qrc files -, displayed in the project view, getting arranged in groups, that would be nice. Similar the view of a normal qmake based project where you have the virtual folders "Headers", "Sources"... (Maybe by parsing source_group, which would provide a maximum of flexibility?)

Best regards,
Lorenz

P.s.: Another issue is how to have an equivalent for OTHER_FILES in CMake based projects. Currently I use "add_custom_target(Foo ALL SOURCES myfile.txt)". Good, bad, other suggestions? If there is a good "official" way of doing that, we should add that to the documentation.