[Qt-creator] missing class help

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Jun 19 08:25:23 CEST 2014

On Jun 18, 2014, at 6:34 PM, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:

> On 6/18/2014 12:21 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 18, 2014, at 8:44 AM, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using Qt Creator 3.1.1 on Fedora.  I used to click the Help icon in
>>> the sidebar and get an index where I can get class information.  Now it
>>> goes to the main help content page for QtCreator.  How do I get back to
>>> the Class/function help view?
>>
>> There's a combo box at the top with several settings. "Contents" will
>> give you a table of contents tree, from which you can go to Qt Reference
>> Documentation -> Classes.
>>
>> (I find "Index" more useful, though.)
>>
>> Is that what you're looking for?
>

> I think that's what used to be there.  Now I have two combo boxes.  On
> says Qt Creator Manual | QtCreator  and the other says Filtered by:
> Unfiltered.  The filter combo box is populated but the other one doesn't
> open so I assume there is no content.

* That sounds as if you managed to hide the side bar, try Window > Show Sidebar (that menu item seems to have a bug to be “on” when the side bar is actually not shown btw…)
* If the contents pane of the side bar does not show Qt documentation, check what documentation you have registered in Options > Help > Documentation.
* If you do not have Qt documentation there, check if you have a Qt version registered in Options > Build & Run > Qt Versions. Qt Creator automatically adds documentation from registered Qt versions
* If you have Qt versions registered, but Qt documentation doesn’t show up, check that you have Qt documentation packages installed. Some distributions put documentation and/or examples into separate packages (e.g. qt-doc). Then restart Qt Creator

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt