[Qt-creator] Refactoring the CMake plugin

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 16:26:43 CEST 2014

On Jun 18, 2014, at 11:26 AM, Lorenz Haas <lykurg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> I can't say anything to your questions :( but I have a small side
> note/request (as well as to everyone working on the CMake plugin) :)
>
> If you rework the CMake plugin could add an option that the header and
> source files - as well as ui and qrc files -, displayed in the project
> view, getting arranged in groups, that would be nice. Similar the view
> of a normal qmake based project where you have the virtual folders
> "Headers", "Sources"... (Maybe by parsing source_group, which would
> provide a maximum of flexibility?)
>

> Best regards,
> Lorenz
>
> P.s.: Another issue is how to have an equivalent for OTHER_FILES in
> CMake based projects. Currently I use "add_custom_target(Foo ALL SOURCES
> myfile.txt)". Good, bad, other suggestions? If there is a good
> "official" way of doing that, we should add that to the documentation.

Just my 2 Cents on the Cmake Plugin:

If I edit a Cmake file, then the next time I build cmake runs and generates the build system files. I would like it if QtCreator would automatically pick up on that and update my project so I do not have to keep manually clicking the "Run CMake" menu. Or at least have this as an option.

Also, as far as getting ALL your files into QtCreator I usually have a cmake variable where I gather all the sources, files, UI files, icons, documentation and all the for a give target and then that CMake variable is used in the add_executable() command. Then QtCreator finds and lists all my files in a nice hierarchy very well.

Thanks
Mike Jackson