[Qt-creator] Syntax highlighting of PHP files

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 20:10:17 CEST 2014

Hello

I would like to use QtCreator for some small PHP/HTML5/CSS/Javascript
projects I am currently working on.

Unfortunately, PHP files (e.g. a file "connect.php" which starts with
"<?php" or "index.php" which starts with "<!DOCTYPE HTML>") are not
highlighted at all.

I have downloaded all highlight definitions and verified that php.xml
exists in .config/QtProject/qtcreator/generic-highlighter. I also
verified that the php mime types are configured (3 mime types using
*.php). When I select "Save As" the file class "PHP" is selected.

Any idea what's going wrong? I do not have "Kate" installed on my system
but "gedit" from Gnome 3. It highlights these files correctly but I am
not sure if gedit also uses the Kate definitions.

Regards, Jochen