[Qt-creator] Syntax highlighting of PHP files (Hunger Tobias)

Hermann Fieger hermann.fieger at t-online.de
Mon Jun 23 13:48:04 CEST 2014

On 20.06.2014 20:10, Jochen Becher wrote: > I would like to use
QtCreator for some small PHP/HTML5/CSS/Javascript > projects I am
currently working on. Creator might not be the best tool for this job.

> Any idea what's going wrong?

Unfortunately I do not, but then the editors are not really my area of
expertise.

> I do not have "Kate" installed on my system
> but "gedit" from Gnome 3. It highlights these files correctly but I am
> not sure if gedit also uses the Kate definitions.

AFAIK gedit is using a completely different highlighter. So that gedit
works is not really a sign that creator should also work.

Creator will most likely also have trouble with PHP embedded in HTML.
AFAIK (not my area of expertise, see above) Creator has one generic
highlighter, so you will get either PHP or HTML.

Best Regards,
Tobias

At the moment i use QtCreator 3.0 on OpenSUSE 12.3. Syntax highlighting
works for me only with Project specific files (.cpp, .h).
I also tried to generic highlight PHP or HTML files, but always failed.

In the environment setup i see many of registered MIME - types. Also
both configured paths ( HOME and katepart ) in the highlighting section
are full of XML files???

Best regards,

Hermann