[Qt-creator] Threadnames command (debugger plugin)

Álvaro del Barrio delba.bcn at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:50:57 CEST 2014

Hi Andre,

We are setting the names using prctl(PR_SET_NAME...) which seems to be
standard (we can see this thread names in the output of the *top* command
in unix. Can gdb understand the thread name created using prtcl?

We were using your python script for this purpose, but now in QtCreator 3.1
(with Qt 4.8 and RHEL6-64bits) is not working anymore, well since Qt
Creator 3.0 but I was able to restore it enabling the threadnames command.

We have also found another pthread method (pthread_setname_np) but is not
portable.

In the attached file you can see a debugger log my debug session.

My workstations is running Red Hat 6 (64 bits)

Thanks in advance and regards.

Álvaro