[Qt-creator] Threadnames command (debugger plugin)

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Mon May 12 10:07:12 CEST 2014

Álvaro del Barrio wrote:
> I am used to see the threads' names of the threads of a running application
> during a remote debugging sesssion. It is realy useful to me because one
> of my working projects has more than 200 threads.

> But I have noticed that the threadnames command in gdbbridge.py is now
> disabled in QtCreator 3.1, I have tried to restore it by myself but python
> complains about self.currentQtNamespaceGuess the first time I want
> to debug, and does nothing the next sessions.

Can you attach a full debugger log (contents of right pane of Windows
->Views->Debugger), or send it to me in private email?

My plan was actually to be able to rely on GDB's reporting of thread
names and abandon the homegrown version which was comparatively
expensive. But this does not seem to work out for your setup...

Andre'