[Qt-creator] Custom QtCreator BuildSystem plugin - Compile individual file

preeteesh kakkar preeteesh.kakkar at gmail.com
Wed May 21 17:28:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to implement a qtcreator build system custom plugin, I am
trying to add functionality of compile file on individual cpp files (I have
a command that will execute and compile it). I already added function which
gives me context menu and actionhandler for it but i have no idea how to
execute a command (like gmake something etc) and then redirect any error to
compile tab (so i can click and it can show in file - same way it will do
if i build whole project)

I understand i can probably do something like executing command using
QProcessInfo but how to redirect the error output on compile output in same
way it's done when you build full project is my basic query.

Can someone help me out?