[Qt-creator] Deteriorating quality of the code completion in Qt Creator

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sun May 25 19:38:55 CEST 2014

On May 25, 2014, at 10:24 AM, Henry Skoglund <fromqt at tungware.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but for me I took a while to realize
> that the code completion (and F1 context-sensitive help) in Qt Creator
> works *much better* if the code before, for example the line above the
> current line, consists of syntactically correct C++ code.

Also that the qmake file is well-formed. It's possible to have .pro files
(I have one that dates from the Qt3 era) that will build perfectly with
qmake, but which Creator can't follow well enough to find the include files.

If there are parser problems, check the #include statements in the file,
hover over them to make sure Creator has found them.

(It would be nice to have some way to see parser errors from
within Creator, though, rather than having to intuit them from
behaviour and env-variable triggered logging).

Cheers,
  Steve