[Qt-creator] Qt versions

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri May 30 18:29:28 CEST 2014

Qt versioning is still haunting me.

I just pulled the recent stable, building for Android, and the build
goes ok.  However, after install it insists on claiming it is still Qt
5.2.2, and all the libs have 5.2.2 suffix.

I configure with:

make distclean
./configure -opensource -confirm-license -xplatform android-g++ -nomake
tests -nomake examples -android-ndk /home/harri/android-ndk-r9c
-android-sdk /home/harri/android-sdk-linux -android-ndk-host
linux-x86_64 -android-toolchain-version 4.8 -skip qttranslations -skip
qtwebkit -skip qtserialport -skip qtwebkit-examples -skip qtquick1 -skip
qt3d -skip qtjsondb -skip qtsystems -no-warnings-are-errors -prefix
/home/harri/qt5hp

harri at touho:~/src/qt5$ git remote show origin
* remote origin
   Fetch URL: git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git
   Push  URL: git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git
   HEAD branch: stable
   Remote branches:
     5.3.0                       tracked
     dev                         tracked
     refs/remotes/origin/release stale (use 'git remote prune' to remove)
     stable                      tracked
   Local branches configured for 'git pull':
     dev    merges with remote dev
     stable merges with remote stable
   Local refs configured for 'git push':
     dev    pushes to dev    (local out of date)
     stable pushes to stable (up to date)

harri at touho:~/src/qt5$ git branch
   dev
* stable

Based on your explanation below, I would have thought stable is 5.3.x by
now?

Puzzled...

Harri