[Qt-creator] Changing UI text

Miettinen Riitta-Leena Riitta-Leena.Miettinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Nov 19 09:37:46 CET 2014

Hello,

When you change Qt Creator UI text, you might introduce a whole lot of documentation errors. Changing something innocent-looking, such as “Applications” to “Application” might cause the Manual to break in about a ten places.

So, please also search the Qt Creator Manual for the string and change it accordingly. Also, check whether you need to take new screen shots, as described here:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/qtcreator-documentation.html

And, before you add or edit UI text, read the instructions here:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/qtcreator-ui-text.html

At the very least, ask me to review the changes, so that I’ll know about them and have the time to make the necessary changes myself before the release.

If you have questions that are not answered in the instructions, you can contact me  by email or on the #qt-creator or #qt-documentation channels on Freenode, where my nick is leena.

Best regards,

Leena Miettinen | Documentation Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

Email: <riitta-leena.miettinen>@theqtcompany.com<http://theqtcompany.com> | Phone: +49 30 63 92 3255 | www.qt.io<http://www.qt.io> |Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia, @Qtproject | Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt<http://www.facebook.com/qt>