[Qt-creator] QMAKE_POST_LINK when building static lib

Walter Schmeing w.schmeing at vissoft.de
Wed Sep 10 15:43:58 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I am building a /static lib/ with /QtCreator/ and copy the created lib
into a new folder using a script defined in QMAKE_POST_LINK.
Everything works fine under /Windows/.
Under /Linux/ however the QMAKE_POST_LINK command seems to run before
the /static lib/ has been copied to DESTDIR

The /Compile //O//utput/ shows something like this:

Copying Libs from build-xxxxx-Lin64-Release/release/Lin64 to SDK/libs/Lin64

rm -f release/Lin64/libvxxxxxx.a

mv -f libxxxxxc.a release/Lin64/

where the line "Copying libs from ..." comes from the POST_LINK-Script.

I have to run the build twice to get the latest compiled version into my
SDK/libs directory

When building /shared libs/ everything works fine on /Linux/ as well as
on /Windows/.

Anybody any idea?

Looks like a bug in QtCreator/Qmake to me.

Kind regards,
Walter

--
VISTEC Software GmbH          Fon:+49(0)30/6392-6060
Dipl.-Ing. Walter Schmeing    Fax:+49(0)30/6392-6062
Justus-von-Liebig-Straße 7    w.schmeing at vissoft.de
12489 Berlin, Germany         http://www.vissoft.de