[Qt-creator] Clever editing features (no way to disable)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 16:06:48 CEST 2014

Recently I've noticed in qtcreator/master getting some interesting features

- Entering quote `"` when there is a selection, adds quotes around the
selection.
- Entering quote `"` without a selection adds `""` - even when
autocomplete is disabled.
- Entering brace `{`, pressing enter, adds a matching brace. `{\n}`

While I can see that some users may want, these - find them quite
annoying, is there some way to disable?

I've reported one of them as a bug, but I was wondering if its
intended that these options ignore existing auto-complete options?

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-12982

--
- Campbell