[Qt-creator] How to specify supported plattforms in project templates

Axel Jäger axeljaeger at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 14 22:42:16 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create a project template that is meant to be used in
conjunction with a bare metal configuration.

I tried using one of the example projects that come with QtCreator in
C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\share\qtcreator\templates\wizards as a basis.

I have two kits configured on my machine: A desktop Qt and a STM32 bare
metal configuration.

When creating a new project based on my template, I have to check which kits
I want to use, but only get my desktop Qt offered. So after creating my
project, I have to manually remove the desktop kit and add the STM32-Kit.

When selecting my template in the „New Project“-Dialog, I noticed that right
next to the list of available templates, a message says: „Supported
plattforms: Desktop“ I checked all templates that come with QtCreator
regarding their supported plattforms and they are either „Desktop“ oder
„Plattform Indepent“.

I tried making my template „plattform indepent“ by adding
platformIndependent="true" to my wizard.xml but the behavior is no better: I
no longer get asked which kit I want to use but the desktop kit is just
included by default and I also have to fix the kit afterwards.

Does anyone know a way to mark my template as to be used with bare metal
kits to get those offered when creating a new project?

Best regards,

Axel