[Qt-creator] Crash while Bare-Metal Debugging on Windows

Tim Sander tim at krieglstein.org
Mon Sep 15 23:46:40 CEST 2014

Hi Frank

> I am trying to debug applications running on a TI CC3200 (Cortex-M4)
> device using QT Creator's Bare Metal plugin. I got to the point where
> I can load and debug, however, QT Creator crashes when I attempt to
> interrupt the program or set a breakpoint while the program is running.
Strange.
> I found the earlier discussion on this list and have checked the "use
> asynchronous mode to control the inferior" option, however this makes
> no difference.
Yes there is unfortunatly a bug i have get around.

> In case this is relevant, I see the note "INFERIOR STILL RUNNING IN
> STATE InferiorRunOk" in the debugger log.
>
> This is on Windows 7. The connection to the target is done using a
> Cygwin-built OpenOCD 0.8.0 started separately on the console and
> using a TCP/IP connection to gdb.
>
> Any suggestions?
Could you open the debugger log window pane and copy attach the gdb commands
and replys. Also it would be interesting which gdb version of the debugger you
are working with.

You could also try to start a debug session by hand:
gdb binary
target remote 3333
monitor reset halt
load
<ctrl><c>

and see if that is working stable. It might be also worth using a new git
version of openocd as there are some improvements for the cortex-m4 inside.

Best regards
Tim