[Qt-creator] Crash while Bare-Metal Debugging on Windows

Pilhofer, Frank Frank.Pilhofer at zuehlke.com
Wed Sep 17 09:25:04 CEST 2014

Hi Tim,

> > Any suggestions?
> Could you open the debugger log window pane and copy attach the
> gdb commands and replys. Also it would be interesting which gdb
> version of the debugger you are working with.

See the attached contents of both log windows.

I notice that there is an instruction "set target-async off" even though the
option "Use asynchronous mode to control the inferior" is checked. I do
not see this line in any of the debugger settings, so I'm not sure where it
is coming from. Any ideas?

This is a stock, mingw-built gdb 4.8. I also now installed a mingw-built
version of OpenOCD to avoid the Cygwin dependency -- no difference
yet.

> You could also try to start a debug session by hand:

This is working fine:

  (gdb) cont
  Continuing.
  0x20007a5e in CPUwfi () at ../cpu.c:273